101 WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS
• Look far the silver lining • Say something nice to someone • Teach a kid to fly a kite • Walk in the rain • Schedule play time into every day • Take a bubble bath • Be aware of the decisions you make • Believe in yourself • Stop saying negative things to yourself • Visualize yourself winning • Develop your sense of humor • Stop thinking tomorrow will be a better today • Have goals for yourself • Dance a jig • Say hello to a stranger • Ask a friend for a hug • Look up at the stars • Have a support network of people, places and things
• Practice breathing slowly • Learn to whistle a tune • Read a poem • Listen to a symphony • Watch a ballet • Read a story curled up in bed • Do a brand new thing • Stop a bad habit • Buy yourself a flower • Take time to smell the flower • Find support from others • Ask someone to be your “vent-partner” • Do it today • Work at being cheerful and optimistic • Put safety first • Do everything in moderation • Pay attention to your appearance • Strive for excellence NOT perfection • Quit trying to “fix” other people • Get enough sleep
• Get up 15 minutes earlier • Prepare for the morning the night before • Avoid tight fitting clothes • Avoid relying on chemical aids • Set appointments ahead • Don’t rely on your memory…write it down • Practice preventive maintenance • Make duplicate keys • Say “No” more often • Set priorities in your life • Avoid negative people • Use time wisely • Simplify meal times • Keep a journal
• Always make copies of important papers • Anticipate your needs • Repair anything that doesn’t work properly. Ask for help with the jobs your dislike • Break large tasks into bite size portions • Look at problems as challenges • Look at challenges differently • Unclutter your life • Smile • Be prepared for rain • Tickle a baby • Pet a friendly dog/cat • Don’t know all the answers • Go on a picnic
• Stretch your limits a little each day • Look at a work of art • Hum a jingle • Maintain your weight • Plant a tree • Feed the birds • Practice grace under pressure • Stand’‘ up and stretch • Always have a plan “B” • Learn a new doodle • Memorize a joke • Be responsible for your feelings • Learn to meet your own needs • Become a better listener • Know your limitations and let others know them too • Tell someone to have a good day in pig latin • Throw a paper airplane • Talk less and listen more • Freely praise other people
• Exercise every day • Learn the words to a new song • Get to work early • Clean out one closet • Play patty cake with a toddler • Take a different route to work • Leave work early (with permission) • Put air freshener in your car • Watch a movie and eat popcorn • Write a note to a far away friend • Go to a ball game and scream • Cook a meal and cat it by candlelight • Recognize the importance of unconditional love • Remember that stress is an attitude • Practice a monster smile • Remember you always have options • P.S. Relax, take each day at a time … you have the rest of your life to live.